Friday, March 29, 2013

"Saviors on Mount Zion"

Read Obadiah 1:17, 21; Doctrine and Covenants 128:5, 15; institute student manual Points to Ponder, “Saviors on Mount Zion” (pg. 259); Bible Dictionary, “Obadiah” (pg. 739). Explain in a paragraph or two what is taught in these references. In what ways does the temple deliver the faithful? How does the temple represent holiness?

All of these references are talking about doing saving ordinances for the dead. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints we believe that God wants all of His children to return to His presence in the next life.  The Unfortunate things is that a lot of people do not have the chance to accept His Gospel in this life.  They were not able to partake in the saving ordinances that will make it possible for them to return to Him; saving ordinances like baptism, endowment, and being sealed in families.  The loving Father in Heaven I know would not allow them to die in their sins without a chance to return to Him.

The main purpose of temples on the earth today is to do those saving ordinances for those that have passed on.  Members of the Church that have been found worthy to enter the temple are baptized, endowed, and sealed in the name of those that have passed on.  By doing this we are linked together as God's children and we come closer to Him.

I think I can adequately express how much I love the temple.  When I am there I feel God all around me.  I feel at peace; the worries of the worries are left behind at the door.  It is the most sacred and happiest place I have ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment